Thursday 20 March 2014

Nymphomaniac just a bit of filth or something brilliant?


So love it or hate it no one can deny that they were or still are interested in Nymphomaniac and the content of the film which mad news maybe 6 months ago about real sex being portrayed in the film. So that understandably split people straight down the the middle of either why are you doing that or nope just not gonna watch it. I can say I was in the nope not gonna watch it category and after being told for about a week to watch vol 1 and 2 of the film because its not what you think I can say that I'm glad I did. When I went into this film and it started with a black screen with the text of the film I was very sceptical that the film was going to be any good and that  I would end up turning it off within 10 mins of putting it on. But when you are sitting there 1 hour and a half into a film not even realising that long has passed it surprised me that I had been gripped by the film as much as I had. I guess in my mind I had gone into watching the film expecting it to just be sex left right and centre with minimal story as I didn't really know what the story was. Due to not having taken much interest in the film I didn't feel like I wanted to know much about the film as I didn't think it would change my view on it. 

But the story began to grip me more then I expected when I started to watch it and began to pity and feel sad for this young woman that had this addiction that had begun to take over her life. Its hard not to feel sorry for someone when your watching as this woman recounts her life battered and bruised after finding herself laying in an alleyway. So its really really hard not to feel sorry for this woman and you can't help but find your views changing as you watch the film and find you have views that you didn't think that you have. So I found myself not so much feeling sorry for her as the film went on but agreeing with her choices and watching as she started to try and take her life back and you started to routing for her as a character. But i would say that this film isn't for everyone not by any means is it for everyone I would say that its for select people that are happy to watch the actions that take place on screen. The way I see the film is that its the film Shame's dirty older brother thats the way that I see it and thats how it feels that they take that issue of sex addiction and bring it to near pin point accuracy of how it must be for someone suffering the addiction. 

The film itself is beautifully cut and shot and the whole film flows beautifully on screen and is very art house and you can't help but love the style of film that he has gone with. The film has an amazing soundtrack  that makes the whole film flow so brilliantly and it feels different and isn't your everyday film that comes out now a days. I feel that this film has benefited in many ways from having all of the controversy that came with the film because it kept the film in the public eye and kept people watching for new updates on the film. Its made sure that everyone no matter who you are if you have heard of the film interested enough that you just want to read that little bit more about the film and what its about. 

But yeah to clarify the film is brilliant in my opinion for the pure fact of that its art house its different and you come out of the film thinking mostly WTF did I just watch. But you slowly come to think well what did I like about that film and you start to roll stuff off your tongue and it starts to come into your head that the film is pretty damn good. 

I would love to hear what people think have you seen the film and did you like it if you have or are you looking to watch it but don't know whether its for you. I would love to hear from people what they think.      

No comments:

Post a Comment